Kewpie Christmas by Kewpie for Riley Blake Fabrics

I am not going to kid you how much I love Kewpie doll and Kewpie Mayonnaise. First, the dolls are way too adorable with their innocent faces. And the latter, so very yummy on salad and sandwiches. These two things are what I can't live without.


But Kewpie fabrics??

They are the BEST.



If you are sewing for Christmas this year, you have to get Kewpie Christmas collection definitely. I promise you that you will fall in love with it as much as I did. Your kids will be over the moon too with those cutesy prints and colours. I cannot believe that Penny Rose Fabrics has gotten it as their licensed product so we can get them very easily!


Aren't the designs irresistible? I have already started my christmas sewing in this hot June summer because I can't wait any longer looking at the sweet Kewpie faces.

It took me quite a while to decide what to make. I didn't want to ruin the bundle kindly sent by Penny Rose. So the research went on for a few weeks until I decided to use a few block patterns from Sherri Falls new book "Winter Wonderland". It was the perfect choice.


So I made four blocks from the book using machine piecing. And crochet around the sides to make them into coasters for gifting. Then last minute I changed my mind and join three blocks together to make a wall hanging at the doorway for this coming christmas. It turned out really pretty and christmassy!





My crochet idea was hugely inspired by Tiffany Behmer from fannyludesigns. Since our squares are not of the same size and also using a different kind of yarn, I had to redesign the edgings to suit my blocks. The stitches and designs are not perfect but I like them anyway.



Christmas tree block with white crochet edging.



Sweet candy block with green crochet edging.



Happy present block with red crochet edging.



I used a disposable chopstick for hanging purpose. Looking country-style and sweet at the same time.



For the last pretty wreath block, I turned it into a drawstring bag for sweet christmas treats everyday! It wasn't hard to make the drawstring so i tried to make it a little different with the base.




Triangle corner at the base.




Details. Machine quilting around the wreath.




Lucky me to have this ribbon kept for more than ten years.






The red and green stripes make perfect binding fabric.



I love this drawstring bag so much that I'll make another few more as gifts! Of course using Kewpie Christmas fabrics too!

You can get Kewpie Christmas fabrics herehere and here.

Thank you Riley Blake Fabrics and remember to start sewing for christmas right away if you have time!xx

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!